OnePlus is rolling out the Andriod 11-based HydrogenOS 11 Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. It comes with the October 2020 security patch. It also adds some bug fixes and optimizations. You can check the complete changelog below:
• Optimize the algorithm for stabilizing the number of frames, making the experience smoother
• Optimize background program management mechanism to improve standby performance
• Fix the problem that the input text is blocked in some games
• Update Android security patch to 2020.10
• Fix known issues and improve system stability
Information screen display
• Optimize the animation effect of drawing shadows, unlock the animation more natural
• Picture-in-picture now supports the constant light function of the interest screen (settings-interest screen display-interest screen display always on-choose to open all day to keep on display)
• Fix the problem that the system setting interface will stop running in a small probability in Zen mode
Please make a backup of important data before updating, please refer to [Backup Recommendations] for details of the backup method
3. Copy the ROM upgrade compressed package to the phone storage
4. Settings -> System upgrade -> Gear icon in the upper right corner -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade now -> System upgrade completed to 100%
5. Select restart
6. After restarting, successfully upgrade the Android 11 public beta version
1. Please note that this is a public beta version, and system stability may have certain potential risks. It is recommended to back up important data before updating. For details, please refer to [Backup Recommendations].
2. After upgrading to the public beta version, you will receive the upgrade push of the subsequent public beta version, but will not receive the upgrade push of the stable version.
3. If you need to refresh from the public beta version to the stable version, please download the return package from the first public beta version of the corresponding model . This downgrade method will clear all the contents of the phone, please make sure to back up your phone data in advance.
4. I will give feedback on any issues regarding the system version (please refer to Suggested Feedback-Select Bug/Fault Type Feedback on the App side of OnePlus Community). Thank you for actively participating in the public beta and giving feedback and suggestions to help us continue to optimize the system!
Before updating the version, it is recommended to back up important phone data to the cloud or other storage devices.
If you use OnePlus Moving to back up data, the recommended operation path is:
1. Select OnePlus Moving -> Backup and Restore -> New Backup -> Backup Complete;
2. Connect your phone to the computer -> Enter the phone folder -> Internal storage space -> Copy the opbackup folder -> Copy and save the folder to a computer or other storage device;
3. After updating the version, copy the opbackup folder back to the phone root directory -> OnePlus Move -> Backup and Recovery -> Recovery Just make a backup.