- You may face some issues after installing OxygenOS 12 C.16 on the OnePlus 8/8T devices
OnePlus recently released a new OxygenOS 12 C.16 software update for the OnePlus 8 and 8T devices. The update fixed the power consumption issue in some scenarios and it also improved the battery life experience.
There is a known issue that Google Pay might fail to work after installing this build. OnePlus has been working on it and will try to fix it ASAP in the upcoming push.
If you are facing the issue could try the method below to try to fix it:
1. Force stop Play Store: Long press the icon of Play Store – App info – Force stop;
2. Clear Play Store storage data: Long press the icon of Play Store – App info – Storage usage – Clear data;
3. Reboot your phone.
If you want to go back to Android 11? Download the Rollback package from the links below:
APRIL 24, 2022:
- OnePlus 8 and 8T getting OxygenOS 12 C.16 update with some optimization and improved battery life
A few days back, OnePlus announced the release of the OxygenOS 12, based on Android 12, for its flagship smartphones of 2020, the OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8, as well as for the OnePlus 9R.
Now, after the stable release company released a new OxygenOS 12 C.16 update for the OnePlus 8 and 8T users. The update optimizes the power consumption in some scenarios and improves battery life performance.
- [Optimized] the power consumption in some scenarios, improved battery life performance
As the update brings optimization in power consumption and improves your phone’s battery life cycle, so we recommend you to download this update on your device.
To download the update head over to the phone’s setting click software update then tap download and install.