OnePlus has announced the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta program for its older flagship phones OnePlus 7 and the OnePlus 7T series back in January 2021. Following the announcement, these devices have received the OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 update with Android 11 features.
According to the latest info, the company is rolling out the second beta update for the OnePlus 7/7 Pro and OnePlus 7T/7T Pro phones. The Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 comes with several bug fixes and system optimizations for better device stability.
As per the changelog, this new software optimizes the sliding effect of dynamic wallpaper and the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness for a smoother user experience. Aside from this, it fixes several issues including the device charging error while using the headset at the same time, battery icon not displaying on the status bar, and more.
Furthermore, the new update adds an Always-on ambient display feature for the OnePlus 7 Pro and 7T Pro models. To enable this new functionality, users have to go to Settings >> Utilities >> OnePlus Laboratory >> Always-on ambient display.
OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2 Changelog:
- Optimized the sliding effect of the dynamic wallpaper
- Improved power consumption in some scenarios
- Optimized the adjusting intensity of automatic brightness to bring a more smooth using experience
- Fixed the issue with the adapter not charging and using the headset at the same time
- Fixed the issue in which the battery icon is not displayed on the status bar
- Fixed the issue that ‘Tips & Support’ is not displayed in the Settings
- Fixed the small probability flashback issue with the camera when unlocking in professional mode
- Newly support Always-on ambient display feature for OP7Pro and OP7TPro (Go to: Settings – Utilities – OnePlus Laboratory – Always-on ambient display)
Please keep in mind that this is beta software that is sometimes not as stable as our official OTAs. By installing this update, you accept the potential risks.
| Via |