Xiaomi has begun rolling out a new major software update for Redmi Note 9 5G smartphones, which installs the Android 12-based MIUI 14 for a mid-range device. This new version of MIUI uses less memory and is more swift and reliable as compared to its predecessor.
The major MIUI 14 update brings various new features, improvements, optimizations, and lots of customization options for your Redmi Note 9 devices. Alongside this, it also carries the February 2023 security patch for better system security and stability.
Follow RPRNA on Google News
Moving on, the update is initially following out in China, however, with the passing of time, the company will expand its availability to more users worldwide. Users of Redmi Note 9 will be able to identify the latest update through the MIUI build version V18.104.22.168.SJECNXM.
Join Us On Telegram
Currently, the update is live for the 5G model, and the remaining users will also get it soon. Thus, if you are in China and operating the Redmi Note 9 5G as your daily driver, then just hover the Settings of your phone followed by system and update and download the latest version update.
Although, the update carries a massive package of 6.3GB, so make sure to have proper storage and keep your device charged by at least 30%. Further, don’t forget to reboot the device once the installation process finishes.
- Updated Android Security Patch to February 2023. Increased system security.
- Basic experience
- Improved system architecture comprehensively boosts the performance of both pre-installed and third-party apps while saving power.
- Attention to detail redefines personalization and brings it to a new level.
- Super icons will give your Home screen a new look. (Update the Home screen and Themes to the latest version to be able to use Super icons.)
- New widget formats allow more combinations, making your experience even more convenient.
- Home screen folders will highlight the apps you need most making them just one tap away from you.
- Want a plant or pet to always wait for you on your Home screen? MIUI has lots of them to offer now!
- Privacy protection
- More than 30 scenes now support end-to-end privacy with no data stored in the cloud and all actions performed locally on the device.
- You can press and hold the text on a Gallery image to instantly recognize it now. 8 languages are supported.
- Family services allow sharing all the essential things with the people you care about most.
- Family services allow the creation of groups with up to 8 members and offer various roles with different permissions.
- You can share photo albums with your family group now. Everyone in the group will be able to view and upload new items.
- Set your shared album as a screensaver on your TV and let all your family members enjoy these joyful memories together!
- Family services allow sharing of health data (e.g. heart rate, blood oxygen, and sleep) with family members.
- Child accounts offer a series of sophisticated measures of parental controls, from limiting screen time and restricting app usage to set a secure area.
- Mi AI voice assistant
- Mi AI is no longer just a voice assistant. You can use it as a scanner, translator, call assistant, and more.
- Mi AI allows you to perform complicated daily tasks by using simple voice commands. Communicating with your device could never be easier.
- With Mi AI, you can scan and recognize anything – be it an unfamiliar plant or an important document.
- Mi AI is ready to help whenever you bump into a language barrier. Smart translation tools support multiple languages.
- Dealing with calls is so convenient with Mi AI: it can filter spam calls or easily take care of the calls for you.
- More features and improvements
- Search in Settings is now more advanced. With search history and categories in results, everything looks much crisper now.