UPDATE 5: May 21 (05:51 ET) – Realme C21 April/May 2022 security update
Your phone may have detected a new OTA update! If don’t, then simply check for the latest software update by heading to your Realme C21’s Settings, scrolling down, and finding the Software Update option.
Now, the phone will find a new OTA, if it appears on the screen, press the Download button, followed by Install.
UI Version: RMX3201_11.C.11
- Integrates the April and May 2022 Android security patches.
- Optimized the system performance.
- Optimized the system stability.
UPDATE 4: October 08 – Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 rolling out
Realme C21 is now getting Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11, official roll-out has begun. The roll-out is released in batches and will reach you soon. Also to receive this update, please make sure your device is updated to the required version RMX3061PU_11.A.53.
Find the complete changelog below:
UI version: RMX3061PU_11.C.03
Personalize the user interface to make it your own
• You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
• Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
• Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
• You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
• Added “Optimized night charging”: An AI algorithm is used to control charging speed at night to extend battery life.
• You can now determine a time period when Do Not Disturb is on.
• Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
• Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
• Optimized “Auto brightness”.
• You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
Security and Privacy
• You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
• Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
• More powerful SOS functions
Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
• Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
• You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
• You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
• Added the Cloud Sync for Private Safe feature which allows you to sync the photos in your Private Safe to the cloud.
• Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
• You can back up your photos, documents, system settings and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
• You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
• Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
• Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
• Added Sleep Capsule for you to restrict your phone use for better rest and sleep.
SEPTEMBER 27, 2021: September 2021 security patch
Realme C21 is getting a new software update with the September 2021 security patch. Check the complete changelog below.
Find the complete change log below:
UI Version: RMX3201PU_11_A.53
● Updated Android security patch: September, 2021
● Fixed some known issues and improved system stability
AUGUST 19, 2021: Realme UI 2.0 Open Beta
Realme now announces the Realme UI 2.0 Open Beta for realme C21! But before you guys update, read the thread for complete info.
Open Beta Application – Guidelines
a. Make sure update to required version RMX3061PU_11.A.39
Manually downloading link: https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update
b. Apply for the Open Beta via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now).
AUGUST 02, 2021: Realme UI 2.0 Early Access
After releasing the Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0 update for several Realme smartphones, the company has now started the early access program for the Realme C21. You can check the complete information below.
Disclaimer – Must Read Before Apply:
• Please make sure your phone is not rooted.
• To prevent data loss, please backup your personal data before proceeding.
• Some third-party application versions might not be compatible with Android 11 yet, after updating these applications might not be available or crash on your device.Therefore, it is recommended to update all your applications to the latest version available on the Play Store before your update.
• The Early Access versions may have an unpredictable impact on your phone and effect on daily use.
• Please ensure that the available phone storage is more than 5GB. Otherwise there will be a risk of update failure (To check the phone storage head to Settings > Additional Settings > Storage).
• Due to unpredictable factors such as network communication and strategy adjustment, it is not possible to guarantee that every applicant will receive the update. In case the update is not received, we suggest you patiently wait for the official release.
Preparation – realme C21 – with 60%+ battery
Check this information:
Early access Application
1.Update your device to the required UI version→ RMX3061PU_11.A.39
2.Apply for the Early access via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Apply Now > Submit your details and finish the quiz).