[UPDATE 2: OXYGENOS 220.127.116.11 AND OXYGENOS 18.104.22.168] – DECEMBER 30, 2020
OnePlus 8T is now getting new updates, including new keyboard features. This update also improves the security of the phone and provides many optimized features.
Depending on the market, this update is rolling out as version OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 and OxygenOS 126.96.36.199. However, it is being promoted globally.
- Optimized the experience of full-screen gestures
- Increased fingerprint unlock success rates for faster unlock speed
- Newly added keyboard height adjustment where you can raise or hide the bottom shortcut bar for a better input experience (Go to Settings-System-Language & input-Keyboard height adjustment)
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Optimized the image quality on nightscape
- Fixed a small probability issue that photos don’t display in the Gallery
- Fixed the issue that the WiFi connection failed in a specific situation
- Improved the stability of communication
- OnePlus Store (—IN only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
UPDATE 1: OnePlus 8T+ 5G OxygenOS 188.8.131.52] – NOVEMBER 26, 2020
T-Mobile is rolling out a new OxygenOS update to the OnePlus 8T+ 5G. The latest update includes the always-on display. It also adds the October 2020 security patch and optimizes the battery performance.
It also brings fixes for software freezes, device overheating, and Bluetooth audio problems. The size of this update is 320MB and the version is OxygenOS 184.108.40.206.KB09CB.
[ORIGINAL ARTICLE: NOVEMBER 13, 2020]
The latest update optimized the call stability, improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating and mis-touch prevention to offer a better gaming experience.
OnePlus says in the changelog, the latest update optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks. It also adds toast messages when switching among the 3 modes in Alert Slider.
The OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 fixed the status bar issue that kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode. The NFC turn-on issue is also resolved in this update.
For the camera, along with the improved camera stability, it also optimized the imaging effect to bring you a better shooting experience.
The latest update optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with the signal. It also fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games.
You can check the complete changelog below:
- Optimized the call stability
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
As always, this OTA will be incremental. The OTA will reach a small percentage of users today, and the company will begin a broader rollout in a few days.