Google offers its own messaging app for all Android running devices, Messages. It allows users to send group texts, share favorite pictures, GIFs, emoji, stickers, videos, and audio messages from mobile or desktop with the reliability of texting to stay connected with your family and friends.
However, the company is regularly working to rollout new features and bug fixes to enhance the app stability and users experiences. To be mentioned, this app is only compatible with devices running Android 5.0 Lollipop and above.
Latest Version: April 06, 2022
- Google Messages (Beta) – V20220419_04
- Google Messages (Stable) – V10.7.462
- Google Messages (WearOS) – V20220411_04
*The version varies with devices.
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Get the latest Google Messages
November 20, 2021
November 15, 2021
Clean, intuitive and comfortable design
- Instant notifications, smart replies, and a fresh new design make communicating faster and more fun. With dark mode, you can use Messages comfortably in low-light situations.
- Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
- Send audio messages, emojis, stickers, or your location. You can also send and receive payments with Google Pay.
- Now you can find more of the content shared in your conversations: Tap on the search icon and select a specific contact to see your messaging history with them and all the photos, videos, addresses or links that you have shared with each other.
Chat features (RCS)
- With supported operators, you can send and receive messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends are typing or when they have read your message, share images and videos in high quality and more.