Samsung is now rolling out the One UI 2.5 update to the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10 series smartphones. The latest version of One UI is based on Android 10 and brings the latest features, enhancements, and a few UI changes to Samsung smartphones.
The One UI 2.5 update is currently rolling out in Europe for the International variants running Exynos chipset. The users in the US will have to wait for the official One UI 2.5 rollout.
- Galaxy Note 10: N970FXXU6DTH7
- Galaxy Note 10+: N975FXXU6DTH7
- Galaxy S10e: G970FXXU8DTH7
- Galaxy S10: G973FXXU8DTH7
- Galaxy S10+: G975FXXU8DTH7
You can check for the update manually by heading into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu, and go for the Download and install option.
If you want to install this update on your Galaxy Note 10 or Galaxy S10 series devices right now, please follow our guide below.
- Back up your important data.
- Use the original Samsung USB cable came.
- Install Samsung Smart Switch before flashing, it automatically installs the latest Samsung USB drivers. However, make sure Smart Switch is CLOSED when you are flashing your device with Odin.
- Try not to have too many other applications running if you have a PC with low RAM as Odin can consume a lot of memory sometimes, and the last thing you need is for your PC to freeze in the middle of a flash.
There are three two main steps and their respective substeps to download and install the latest firmware.
- Download and extract the firmware via the Frija firmware tool.
- Install the firmware via Odin, firmware installer.
1. Download Firmware:
1. Download and extract the Frija firmware tool (from here).
2. Choose your Model for respective Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10 device:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: SM-N970F
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+: SM-N975F
- Samsung Galaxy S10e: SM-G970F
- Samsung Galaxy S10: SM-G973F
- Samsung Galaxy S10+: SM-G975F
3. Use CSC code “DBT”. It is for Germany build.
3. The Auto mode will detect your Model and CSC and find all the required information directly from Samsung Server.
4. Click “Check Update” and then click “Download” to download the firmware.
2. Install Firmware:
1. Download the latest Odin version – from here
2. Extract the firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files:
AP (System & Recovery)
CP (Modem / Radio)
CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will wipe your phone)
HOME_CSC_OXM (OXM CSC file, will NOT wipe your phone)
3. Add each file to its respective field in Odin v3.13.1. Use CSC_OXM if you want to do a clean flash and HOME_CSC OXM if you want to keep your apps and data.
4. Reboot your phone in Download / Odin mode:
-Power off your Galaxy Note 10/Note 10+
-Connect the cable to your PC, but do not plug it into your phone yet
-Power+ Volume Up and now plug the Type C cable into your phone while holding down those buttons
-You will get a warning on your screen, press ‘Continue’
5. Once in download mode, Odin should detect your device and a blue box will show up with the COM port number.
6. Do NOT tick any extra boxes. The only options to be ticked are F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot and they are enabled by default.
7. Click the start button, wait for Odin to say ‘PASS’. Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot automatically.