Samsung DeX allows you to get PC experience by connecting your Galaxy smartphone to a display or TV with just an HDMI cable or USB cable.
Now, you don’t any accessories just a TV or a display that supports Miracast and you’re ready to convert it into a complete PC experience.
Setting up wireless DeX on TV
- First, with your TV remote, open the Source menu and activate Screen Mirroring.
- Now, on your Galaxy phone, pull down the notification bar and tap on DeX in the Quick Settings panel.
- You’ll see a list of available devices to connect with.
- Choose the display you want to connect to and tap Start Now.
- You’ll now see the DeX launch on your TV.
- To navigate within DeX, you can use your phone as a touchpad. Pull down the notification bar and tap “Use phone as a touchpad.”
- Now use your finger or S Pen to guide the pointer and access your apps.
- Since DeX on TV is wireless, you can now navigate the screen from all the way across the room.
Tip: You can also check the video presentation for a video demonstration.
Connecting a keyboard and mouse:
As with the original DeX, you also have the option of pairing a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to work more seamlessly. This extends your desktop onto the big screen, giving you a fuller, more expansive view of all your work.
Presentation on Wireless DeX:
To give a PowerPoint presentation with DeX, first open Office mobile, and maximize the window. Then open your PowerPoint deck and go into presentation mode. On the Galaxy Note20, you can also use your S Pen to advance slides. Just pop the pen out and press the button once to go forward and twice to jump back. You can also use your S Pen to annotate or highlight something on a slide.
How to use Samsung DeX on PC or Mac:
- Download and install Samsung DeX on PC or MAC from here.
- Connect your Galaxy device with PC/Mac with a USB cable.
- Once connected, the Samsung DeX app will start itself.
- Allow casting by pressing “Start now”
- There you go, ready to use Samsung DeX.