Huawei has just rolled out a new HarmonyOS public beta update for the Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition smartphone users. The update consists of two packages that can be downloaded by the Nova 8 SE VE HarmonyOS public beta tester as well as EMUI 10.1 users.
To be mentioned, this update brought the October 2021 security patch for the HM OS users and added the capabilities of HarmonyOS for the EMUI devices. Besides, both software packages install system improvements to keep the device steady and seamless in terms of performance.
Furthermore, the Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition HarmonyOS beta update can be matched with the 22.214.171.124 version for both system OS. Unfortunately, we don’t have any info about the download size, but using a strong WiFi network would be safer while installing this update.
No doubt, the new update has blessed the Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition smartphones that are still working on EMUI software. So far we have known, this rollout is invoked in China at present. On the other hand, we are waiting for the official words for the overseas markets.
Now, it’s time for us to check the changelog of this HM OS update-
Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition: HarmonyOS Update
Package 1: Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition updating on the HarmonyOS 126.96.36.199 version from HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 version. Below you can check the full changelog.
- System: Optimize the system stability of some scenes
- Display: Fix the problem of abnormal display of some desktop icons
- Security: Incorporate the October 2021 security patch to enhance the security of the mobile phone system
Package 2: Huawei Nova 8 SE Vitality Edition updating on the HarmonyOS 184.108.40.206 version from EMUI 10.1.1.110 version. The detailed description of the new changes is mentioned below.
- Home-screen: Swiping up on the app icon generates a service widget, which can be resized dragged to a new location, or added to your custom home screen.
- Control Panel: Swiping down from the upper-right edge of the screen takes you to Control Panel. Device Control access has been added to the shortcut switches panel so that you can control all of your devices with the same ease as navigating on your phone.
- Service Center: If you swipe up from the lower left or lower right corner on the screen, the system will lead to the Service Center. This is the place, where all of your collected service widgets are stored and ready to offer access to your desired services.
- Smart Folder: HarmonyOS adds support for app categorization and management. By pressing down on a standard folder displays a large folder, which offers direct access to desired apps.
- HarmoynOS Fonts: HarmonyOS brings support for step-free font Weight adjustments and adjusts the size of the font itself.
- App Guard: The App Guard mode is enabled by default, to ensure that all apps subject deep scans for malicious behavior, security vulnerabilities, privacy risks, and other related behaviors while being installed. This prevents risky apps from being installed while helping safeguard the secure running environment of the entire system.
However, you must remember to keep a backup of your data to prevent the loss of important files on your device, before installation. Furthermore, keep a sufficient level of battery backup on your phone to prevent battery outage during the installation. Besides, you can download this update in two ways- with the help of Setting or My Huawei App.
Via Smartphone Settings:
- Open Settings
- Then tap on System & updates.
- Click Software update.
- Tap on Check for updates option.
- If a new update shows up, then click Download and install.
Via My Huawei App:
- Open the app.
- Then go to the Service tab and click the Update button.
- Tap on Check for update option, if found any then click Download and install.
- After installing reboot the device.