On June 2, Huawei came up with a brand new operating system HarmonyOS, meaning Huawei plans to install more than 360 million units in 2021, and a major 1.23 billion in 2022.
But immediately after the launch event, Huawei opened the door to the first closed beta sign-up in the first round of the Huawei device. These devices include models from various platforms, such as smartphones, tablets, and smart screens.
Join us on Telegram
The company continues with the release of the first HarmonyOS software update for users selected in the first round. This is Huawei’s new operating system to replace the current EMUI 11 with a completely new user interface, features, and changes.
A recent report hinted that Huawei may skip a whole quarter (3 months) of the actual timeline and start early adaptation for eligible devices ahead of the announced time.
Closing in, Huawei has now officially started to recruit users for the second phase of the closed HarmonyOS beta testing for devices:
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro
- Huawei Nova 5z
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.6-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
Originally, these devices decided to begin their HarmonyOS beta flight by the end of this year in China, which shows how smoother the development of HarmonyOS is underway in the background.
REQUIRED EMUI VERSION FOR HARMONYOS 2 SECOND PHASE CLOSED BETA:
- Huawei P30 (ELE-AL00/TL00) – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-AL00/AL10/TL00) – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G (EVR-AN00) – EMUI 18.104.22.168
- Huawei Mate X (TAH-AN00) – EMUI 22.214.171.124
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro (SEA-AL10) – EMUI 126.96.36.199
- Huawei Nova 5 (SEA-AL00) – EMUI 10.1.0.103
- Huawei Nova 5i Pro (SPN-AL00) – EMUI 10.1.0.103
- Huawei Nova 5z (SPN-AL00) – EMUI 10.1.0.103
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.6-inch (VRD-W10/AL10) – EMUI 188.8.131.52
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-inch (VRD-W09/AL09) – EMUI 184.108.40.206
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition (SCM-W09/AL09) – EMUI 220.127.116.11
- This beta testing is limited to Chinese models
- HarmonyOS 2 beta testing for the global model is not started
- The list could be updated