Nothing Phone (1) is the brand’s first and only device right now, which is renowned for its unique design and features. In a meantime, the Nothing Phone 1 receives a new Nothing OS v1.1.4 major update, which will enhance the interpretation of this great device.
“JOIN US ON TELEGRAM”
The new Nothing OS 1.1.4 update comes with a number of new feature additions, bug fixes, and changes. It’s a prominent update that brings September 2022 patch alongwith enormous evolutions. To employ these modifications on your device users will need to download a package size of around 136MB.
Nothing Phone (1) is only available in India, and the NothingOS is still not known to everyone, but the company is trying to give its users a refined experience and for this, it continuously releases updates. The announcement of this major release is been done on the official Twitter handle.
Here is what Nothing creator Carl Pei said
The cameras gain more enhancements with this release, and other bugs have been resolved.
Talking about the changes so the update changelog mentions lots of upliftment, features, and fixes. With Nothing OS 1.1.4, users can now flip the orientation of the navigation buttons to have the back button on the right instead of the default left.
Moreover, users can now customize gestures on their Nothing Earbuds (1), can switch noise cancellation modes, and more straight from the Quick Settings, it also adds support for the LHDC high-definition sound codec. Furthermore, a new watermark camera feature is been added with the Nothing logo.
The update also added some other changes including better thermal performance, reduced battery consumption, and improved face unlock. However, there is much more mentioned in the changelog, for your better understanding, you can take a closer look at it below.
- New features
- New option to flip the 3-button navigation bar.
- All Ear (1) app features are now integrated into Nothing OS. Customise gesture controls and switch
Noise Cancellation modes and more in Quick Settings and Settings.
- Now supports LHDC high-def audio.
- Camera improvements
- New option to add a Nothing themed watermark to the camera app.
- Improved ultra-wide camera color calibration and increased colour consistency between main and ultra-wide sensors.
- New motion detection algorithm added for improved stability when shooting moving objects.
- Increased shooting speed when using HDR in ultra-wide mode.
- System improvements
- Updated to September Security Patch.
- Reduced battery consumption for Always On Display and other use cases.
- Improved thermal performance.
- New UI for system updates.
- Improved Face Unlock algorithm.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed network issues for certain carriers,
- Fixed an issue causing incoming calls to show up as Unknown Contact.
- Fixed HDFC Bank app fingerprint
Notably, the update is released in the OTA format, it is reaching users gradually, and will be available for every Nothing Phone (1) owner shortly, so if you have not yet received the update, so please be patient. Or you can check for it manually by visiting the Software update section.
- Make sure to maintain at least 50% battery on your phone.
- Its recommended using WiFi for downloading the update.