Samsung launched the One UI 4 Beta Program for Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphones (Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra). The One UI 4 is based on the Android 12 operating system and introduces new and improved customization and privacy capabilities that give users control over many aspects of the mobile experience.
Samsung’s One UI user interface brings a unified mobile experience to Galaxy smartphones through simplified and streamlined interactions and a clean and elegant design.
With One UI 4, you get customization options at every turn. A wealth of theme options let you adjust the look and functionality of your device, giving you tools to configure your home screen, icons, notifications, wallpapers, and much more. Plus, redesigned, upgraded widgets offer deep customization — from visibility to appearance.
You also get convenient access to a more robust and diverse array of emojis all in one place, so you can effortlessly navigate your options to enjoy richer communication experiences.
The new One UI 4 also brings enhanced privacy and protection functions that make it easier for users to understand exactly how their data are being used to customize their settings and deliver a more personalized mobile experience.
Indicators alert users to app camera and microphone usage, so they can instantly disable permissions if they don’t want to grant access.
The One UI 4 also expands on Android 12’s permission options, allowing users to view their permissions history from the last seven days, not just the last 24 hours. You can also check the current data usage of both your permissions and your apps.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Features:
- Redesigned home screen widgets
- Improved Lock screen
- You can now change the audio output to a different device from your Lock screen, with customized controls for music apps.
- New Voice recorder widget
- You can now record voice memos without unlocking the Galaxy phone
- Improved Always On Display
- It now turns on each time you receive a notification
- Enhanced Quick panel
- There’s an integrated section of alert and silent notifications
- You also have a larger brightness bar for an easier adjustment
- New Camera features
- New layout
- Tap the Record button for video recording
- New Gallery app
- There’s a video preview on the cover for Stories
- You can now sort albums with a large number of photos
- Improved search suggestions
- Edit the date, time, and location of the images/videos
- Improved multitasking experience
- Pinch zoom gesture
- Improved search features
- New calendar layout
- Improved app compatibility for Samsung DeX
- New Bixby routines
- New charging animations
- Improved Digital Wellbeing
- Improved security with app permission history