While we are waiting for the full release of Android 12 for Pixel devices, OnePlus has surprisingly announced the Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro devices with some tweaks and adjustments.
The latest update announced on the official OnePlus forum, and there are many fixes and adjustments that make restless OnePlus 9 owners happy to run the Android 12 developer preview on their devices. Therefore, there are many warnings that you should not run it on the main device-especially if you don’t like the idea of encountering errors and problems.
The company shared a fairly brief changelog for Android 12 Developer Preview 2 of the OnePlus 9 series. It mainly includes fixes and adjustments but also mentions some new features, including new widgets and floating window enhancements.
Below you can check the updated changelog of Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for the OnePlus 9 series
- Optimized the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience
- Optimized the mistouch prevention algorithm for curved screens to reduce accidental touches
- New design
- Added widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions
- Optimized the page layout and the presentation of text and color to make key information stand out
- Convenience & efficiency
- Added swiftly switch floated windows, make operation more convenient
- Optimized the frame rate performance under heavy-used scenes
- Added the feature that supported customize the display order of camera mode
- Optimized the zoom experience, make it zoom more smoothly
- Added the form of chart to display battery usage
- Newly supported pre-loading the apps that frequently used, to switch them on quickly
- Improved the response speed of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC
As the name suggests, this build of Android 12 is best suited for developers and other advanced users, as it is still in an early stage of development. That said, we do not recommend flashing this ROM if you have little to no experience in software development, if you expect to use the device as a daily driver, or if you have no experience flashing custom ROMs. Proceed at your own RISK!
- The Camera does not support Xpan and contains some stability issues
- This version does not support scrolling screenshot
- The icon of Bluetooth connection displays abnormally
- The icon of charging displays abnormally
- The Cloud Service is unavailable
- The Camera app does not contain Hasselblad elements
- This version does not adapt to some third-party apps
- The included Google Phone app does not feature call record functionality. This can be solved by updating the app in Play Store.
- After recording the screen, it cannot get screenshots by three-finger swipe down gesture or three-finger long-press gesture. This can be solved by pressing the Power button and Volume Down button simultaneously to screenshot.
ONEPLUS 9 PRO
- These instructions are only for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. Please make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum 3GB of storage space is available.
- Carrier version devices (TMO/VZW) aren’t compatible with the Developer Preview builds.
You should understand there is a risk of BRICKING your phone, read the instructions carefully and be 100% sure of what you are doing. Please always backup your important data before flashing.