T-Mobile is also rolling out the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update to the OnePlus 8 5G. It brings the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206.IN55CB and comes with the following changelog:
- Upgraded to Android 11 OS
- Android security patch upgraded to December 2020
- General improvements and fixes
You can also check for the latest software update manually by heading to device Settings > System > System Updates.
OnePlus has already released the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 firmware update to its OnePlus 8 lineup flagships. And now, after a long wait, the Verizon bounded OnePlus 8 5G UW devices have begun receiving this major update in the US.
According to the info, Verizon has started sending the Android 11 update for the OnePlus 8 5G UW smartphones which can be identified via the build version IN2019_15_210110. The Verizon bounded OnePlus 8 5G consumers can check for the update to download and install the new firmware now.
In addition to the Android 11’s features, OnePlus’ OxygenOS 11 brings some advanced features such as a new visual design, refreshed user interface, added gaming tools, and a mistouch prevention feature. Furthermore, it also comes with improved dark mode and Zen mode as well as numerous improvements for its software system.
How to check for the latest software update on your OnePlus 8 5G:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on System
- Open System settings
- Click on Download and install now.
OnePlus 8 OxygenOS 11 Update Changelog:
- The OxygenOS 11 update.
- Improvements to the 5G Ultrawide Band feature.
- November 2020 Android security patches.
- Oxygen OS11 update details:
- Fresh new visual design and optimization of details provides a more comfortable experience.
- Brand new weather user interface supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. Day and night are right in the palm of your hand.
- Optimizes the stability of some third-party apps and improves user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches to Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS. Enable this functionality by swiping down from the upper right or left corners of the screen in gaming mode.
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will pop up.
- Ambient Display
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, with custom Schedule/All day option included. (Go to: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It changes according to your phone usage data. (Go to: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added 10 new clock styles. (Go to: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode. Simply pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supports automatic turn on feature and customized time range. (Go to: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and others) and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode. Now you can invite your friends and enjoy Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function automatically creates weekly videos with photos and videos in storage.
- Optimizes the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster.