This is a software update tracker for the Realme 8 Pro smartphone. You will find every software update for the Realme 8 Pro in this article.
JOIN REALME ON TELEGRAM
Realme 8 Pro Software Update:
UPDATE 5, August 27 (05:16 ET) – August 2022 update with July 2022 security patch
Realme 8 Pro is now receiving the latest software update with the July 2022 security patch. It also comes with several fixes in the System department. The update also adds a personalized search feature and fixes the status bar and display issues. You can check the complete changelog below.
UI Version: RMX3081_11.C.20
● Integrates the July 2022 Android security patch.
● Improves system performance and stability.
● Fixes an issue where the display size might be set to default after you update your system version.
● Fixes an issue where you would be unable to swipe up to close an app in recent tasks.
● Optimizes the mobile data usage reminder.
● Adds a personalized search feature.
● Fixes an issue where an unexpected prompt might appear on the status bar.
● Fixes an issue where the background of Home screen widgets might display white.
Update 4, April 20 (15:32ET) ― Realme UI 3.0 Stable Update
Realme has started releasing the Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 stable update for all Realme 8 Pro smartphone users. Notably, the rollout has begun in batches and will reach every user shortly.
You can check the build number and changelog below.
UI version: RMX3081_11.C.14
• The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
• Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to
make key information stand out.
• Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
• Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes
more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
• More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
Convenience & efficiency
• Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
• FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized.
• Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
• You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
Security and privacy
• Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
• Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
• Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
• Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
• Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
• In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
• Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
• You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
• You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
• Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
• Optimizes accessibility:
– Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
– Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
– TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.
Update 3, February 19 (14:12 ET) ― Realme UI 3.0 Open Beta
Realme UI 3.0 Open Beta
Realme has now started the Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 open beta program for the Realme 8 Pro. Check the important information below:
Open Beta Application – Guidelines. Make sure to update to the required version: RMX3081_11.A.45
Manually downloading link: https://www.realme.com/in/support/software-update Apply for the Open Beta via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings > Software Update > Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner > Trial Version > Submit your details > Apply Now).
Update 2, December 17 (09:30 ET) ― Realme UI 3.0 Early Access
Realme UI 3.0 Early Access Application
Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 has finally arrived, and here’s your chance to enroll your Realme 8 Pro in the Realme UI 3.0 Early Access.
Early Access Application
1. Make sure your realme 8 Pro has 60%+ battery.
2. Update your device to the required UI version → RMX3081_11.C.09
3 .Apply for the Early access via the Software Update Application channel:
(Settings → Software Update → Tap on the settings icon in the top right corner → Trial Version → Apply Now → Submit your details and finish the quiz).
Update 1, November 20 (11:54 ET) ― October/November 2021 update
October and November 2021 security patch rolling out
The Realme 8 Pro is now getting the latest November 2021 update, which brings the October and November 2021 security patches. The software number is RMX3081_11_A.44. Check the complete changelog here.
SEPTEMBER 27, 2021
- Gets September 2021 security patch, RAM expansion feature, fixes, and more
Realme 8 Pro is now getting a new software update with the latest September 2021 security patch, RAM expansion feature, and more.
JOIN REALME ON TELEGRAM
It also fixes an issue where fingerprint unlock would fail in the clone of WhatsApp in certain scenarios. Check the complete changelog below.
Find the complete change log below:
UI Version: RMX3081NV_11.A.42
• Integrates the August and September 2021 Android security patches.
• Adds the RAM expansion feature.
• Improves system stability and performance.
• Fixes an issue where fingerprint unlock would fail in the clone of WhatsApp in certain scenarios.
• Fixes a fuzzy screen issue that would occasionally occur when you play Netflix videos in a floating window.
APRIL 26, 2021:
Realme has started to roll out a new software update for Realme 8 Pro users, which fixes some lagging issues and improves system stability.
The new firmware version for this update comes with RMX3081_11_A.30 and updated package size of 228MB. This update is based on Android 11.
Users of this device can manually check the update, just head into the device Settings and tap on the Software Updates menu. You can Download and Install the latest update now.
APRIL 12, 2021:
Back in March, Realme launched its new smartphone, Realme 8 Pro, a successor of Realme 7 Pro along with the Realme 8 in India.
Realme 8 Pro comes with a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED screen with 60Hz refresh rate, Snapdragon 720G 8nm, 108MP main camera, 4500mAh battery with 50W fast charging, and more.
Now, the company is sending a new software update for Realme 8 Pro users in India. The new update fixes the probabilistic network issues, fingerprint unlock icon slow display issue after screen off, and system lagging issue in low battery condition.
It also optimizes the steady effect in the video of the rear camera to enhance system performance. Below you can check the changelog and updated software version.
UPDATED SOFTWARE VERSION
- Realme 8 Pro – RMX3081_11_A.28
- Fixed the probabilistic network issue
- Optimized the steady effect in video of rear camera
- Fixed the fingerprint unlock icon probabilistic slow display issue after screen off
- Fixed the system lagging issue in low battery condition