Huawei P Smart S is the high-end smartphone that Huawei has launched back in 2020, the smartphone was not getting any security update for four months and now the company has released four back to back security updates for the smartphone.(Via – Huawei Central)
This latest firmware for the Huawei P Smart S brings security patches that are released in August, September, October, and November 2020. The security improvements are very important for any smartphone as it keeps the device protected against threats and also brings enhancements.
Talking about the specs of the smartphone, launched in June 2020, the Huawei P Smart S offers many features such as 6.33 inches OLED display, Kirin 710 processor, 48MP camera, and much more. In software terms, this handset comes with EMUI 10.1.
Users can identify this latest update from the EMUI version 10.1.0.148 and an update size of 445MB. Other than the number of security improvements this firmware does not add any new feature to the device. It is rolling out in batch so it may take time to hit your device
Here’s how to update:
Download via Settings:
- Go to settings
- Click on System & updates
- Then open software updates
- Tap on the check for updates option
- Then download and install the update, if available
- After installation, reboot the device
Download via Support app:
- Open support app on your device
- Go to the service tab
- Click on the update button
- then tap on Check for update option
- Click on download if the update is available
- After the download, reboot the device for installation
- New version: Huawei P Smart S smartphone grabbing EMUI 10.1 version 10.1.0.148
- Update size: 445MB
- Security: Integrates security patches released in August, September, October, and November 2020 for improved system security.
Security patch details:
August 2020 Security Patch: August 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 1 critical and 18 high levels of CVEs.
September 2020 Security Patch: September 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 3 critical and 19 high levels of CVEs.
October 2020 Security Patch: October 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 20 high and 1 medium level of CVEs.
November 2020 Security Patch: November 2020 security update fixes for different levels of exploits and issues within Huawei phones including 3 critical and 15 high levels of CVEs.