According to the latest information, Huawei released a new software update for Huawei Watch 3 and 3 Pro smartwatches. This is a decent 220MB update that brings some sort of optimization for a better user experience.
To be mentioned, both these models of Watch 3 are the first smartwatches to be powered by Huawei’s new HarmonyOS 2.0 software. The firmware optimizes the display of certain user interfaces and enhances connectivity. Further, it also brings optimizations for system stability in certain scenarios.
Besides these optimizations, there isn’t anything else mentioned in the changelog to be part of this firmware rolling out for the Huawei Watch 3. With the previous update, these smartwatches received support for skin temperature detection function, skin temperature detection function, more third-party apps, and improvements in the display.
Compared to the previous one, the new update is quite not that big. It just carries some optimizations to make these modes run smooth and lag-free UI content. The global users can identify this firmware from the following version:
HarmonyOS 2.0 version 188.8.131.52 upgraded from 184.108.40.206 (C432E170R1P170)
- Optimizes the display of certain user interfaces
- Optimizes the coupling and connection
- Optimizes the system stability in certain situations
Things to remember before update
If this firmware is available on your Watch 3 or Watch 3 Pro, do remember some points before installing it.
- First of all, keep the battery of the wearable at least 20%.
- Make sure the connection is stable during the update.
- It is a staged rollout and may take to reach every device.
How to check for updates?
- To update the Huawei Watch 3 or 3 Pro, Connect it to Huawei Health app first
- Open the app
- Tap on Devices
- Then select the Device name
- Go to Firmware update
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to update the watch