Back in 2017, OnePlus introduced its new flagship lineup OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. These devices featured impressive hardware and software capabilities at that time such as Android 7 pre-packed, Snapdragon 835 processor, camera lenses developed by Sony, and more.
Currently, these two popular smartphones from OnePlus are running on Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 and completed their major software update lifecycle. However, the company is now providing a new firmware update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T in India which comes with several improvements and optimizations.
As per the new update log, it brings fixes to the abnormal call recording and alarm de-activation issues. This update also installs the Android security patches released in September 2020 and the updated GMS package of August 2020.
Furthermore, it also adds a new full-screen gesture which will be available at the bottom of the screen as well as Electronic Image Stabilization for a more stable shooting experience.
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020. 09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Full Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available
- Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you the more stable shooting experience
HOW TO UPDATE:
- Open device Settings
- Tap on System
- Open System settings
- Download and Install now