With the development of smart wearables, Huawei continues to bring new technologies to its smartwatch as well as new features including SpO2 blood oxygen level measurement.
The SpO2 feature allows users to detect blood-oxygen levels in their blood and understand how their body adapts and adjusts to workouts, sleep cycles, and environmental changes.
In the past, Huawei rolled out the SpO2 feature OTA updates for the Huawei and Watch series and launched new devices already installed with this feature.
WHAT IS SPO2:
SpO2 is the percentage of hemoglobin (HbO2) in your blood that contains oxygen and indicates how much oxygen is present in the blood.
Blood Oxygen, which increases during workouts or other activities, is necessary to supply the energy your muscles need to perform the task. The higher the oxygen content in the blood, the better metabolism that humans will have.
Generally, the reading of blood oxygen saturation level in any individual should be anywhere between 90 percent – 100 percent. If the SpO2 reading persists below 90%, it is advisable to review and seek fitness/ medical advice.
So how you can use the SpO2 feature on your own Huawei Watch? Well, it’s very simple, below you can check how to measure the SpO2 via the instructions below.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- To use the feature, update your wearable device and Huawei Health to the latest version.
- To ensure the accuracy of the SpO2 measurement, wear the watch properly and ensure the strap is fastened. Ensure that the watch body is in direct contact with your skin.
- If you are not wearing your watch or wearing it incorrectly, an error message will be displayed. Please read the onscreen instructions for how to wear it correctly and touch Retry to perform the measurement again.
HOW TO MEASURE SPO2:
- Wear your watch correctly and keep your arm still.
- From the home screen, press the Up button, swipe on the screen, and touch SpO2.
- Keep your body still during the SpO2 measurement.
AUTOMATIC SPO2 MEASUREMENT:
- Automatic SpO2 measurement is only supported on the Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro, Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG, and Huawei Watch GT 2 PORSCHE DESIGN.
- Open Huawei Heath, touch Devices, and then your device name, go to Health monitoring > Automatic SpO2 measurement and enable Automatic
- SpO2 measurement. The device automatically measures and records your SpO2 when it detects that you are still.
- Touch Low SpO2 alert to set the bottom limit of your SpO2 for you to receive an alert when you are not asleep.
SOME MORE THINGS TO KNOW:
- The measurement will be interrupted if you swipe right on the watch screen, start a workout with the Huawei Health app, or receive a notification for an incoming call or alarm.
- A SpO2 measurement will take around 1 minute. Data provided is for reference only and not for medical use. If you feel uncomfortable, consult a doctor for assistance.
- During the measurement, the watch will also sync your heart rate data.
- Your watch will measure your SpO2 on its own during the workout session after you have enabled a Mountain hike. Swipe on the screen to view your SpO2 data during the workout.
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro, Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro ECG, Huawei Watch GT 2 PORSCHE DESIGN: Your watch will measure your SpO2 on its own during the workout session after you have enabled Skiing, Snowboarding, or Cross-country skiing. Swipe on the screen to view your SpO2 data.
- This feature is not supported for users in Japan, Korea, and Taiwan (China).
- This measurement may also be affected by some external factors such as low ambient temperatures, arm movements, or tattoos on your arm.